Bing is Microsoft’s ausee-search.com thentic seek engine designed to be an powerful opportunity to Google. Although Bing regularly yields tremendous results, you may opt to use Google as your default choice for searching the internet. If you’re using Windows 10, you have likely also observed that Bing results now appear while you’re doing regular searches in the Windows/Cortana seek bar. This wikiHow teaches you a way to alternate your internet browser’s default seek engine to some thing apart from Bing, in addition to the way to do away with Bing’s computer seek options from your Windows PC.
Press ⊞ Win+R on the keyboard. This opens the Run dialog window.Use this technique if you do not need to see Bing results while you’re searching through the files on your Windows 10 PC.
- Microsoft has technically removed the choice to disable Bing seek results in the Windows seek bar. If you are nonetheless against seeing Bing results to your Windows searches, you could edit the registry. This isn’t endorsed by means of Microsoft, but it is still feasible if you’re now not afraid to make registry changes.
- Removing Bing from Windows seek will no longer affect your net browser. If you are looking to exchange your default seek engine in your web browser to something other than Bing (which includes Google), see a different approach.
Type regedit and press ↵ Enter. This opens the registry editor.
Double-click HKEY_CURRENT_USER. It’s inside the left panel. Additional alternatives will appear underneath it.
Double-click SOFTWARE. It’s one of the options under “HKEY_CURRENT_USER.”
Double-click Microsoft. It’s within the left column. Even more alternatives will appear.
Double-click Windows. Again, it’s within the left column.
Double-click CurrentVersion. You’re almost there!
Double-click Search. You have to now see a few alternatives inside the proper panel.
Right-click on a clean vicinity of the right panel. A menu will extend.
Select New and click D-WORD (32-bit). This create a new key.
Type BingSearchEnabled and hit ↵ Enter. The new key is now created.
Double-click on BingSearchEnabled. This opens the information of your new key.
Type a 0 into the statistics area and click OK. If the price changed into already zero, there may be no need to trade anything. This is all you’ll want to do to dispose of Bing from Windows Search.
- Restart your PC whilst you’re finished so the modifications will take effect.
Open Google Chrome. Use this method if you want to search the net using a seek engine aside from Bing in Chrome for your pc, phone, or pill. You’ll find Chrome within the Start menu in case you’re the usage of Windows, the Applications folder in case you’re using a Mac, or to your apps listing on a cellphone or tablet.
Click the 3-dot menu. It’s at the pinnacle-right nook of Chrome on a computer or Android, and at the lowest-right on an iPhone or iPad.
Click Settings on the menu. A new tab containing your settings will appear.
Click Search Engine tab. It’s within the left panel on a computer, and close to the center of the screen on a phone or pill.
Select a exclusive seek choice from the drop-down menu. For instance, if your search engine is presently Bing, you may click on the menu and select Google rather. Once you shut this window and restart Chrome, your default seek engine will no longer be Bing.
- If the web page that opens automatically when you launch Chrome is likewise Bing, you could trade your homepage to some thing one of a kind. Return on your settings, click on On Startup, after which select any alternative aside from the only that consists of Bing.
Open Safari for your Mac. It’s the blue-and-white compass icon at the Dock. Use this technique if you need to look the web the usage of a search engine aside from Bing in Safari in your computer.[three]
Click the Safari menu. It’s inside the menu bar at the top-left corner of the display screen.
Click Preferences on the menu.
Select a one-of-a-kind search engine from the “Default search engine” menu. If Bing is the default, the menu will say “Bing.” Click it to pick out Google or any of the alternative alternatives. This adjustments your default seek engine to Bing.
- If you spot www.bing.com inside the “Homepage” section on this equal window, update it with the URL of your new search engine (e.g., www.google.com).
Open your iPhone or iPad’s Settings . You’ll discover this grey gear icon on your home display screen. Use this approach if you want to go looking the net the use of a seek engine aside from Bing in Safari.
Scroll down and faucet Safari. It’s in the 5th institution of settings.
Tap Search Engine. It’s the primary alternative beneath “SEARCH.”
Tap an option aside from Bing. For instance, faucet Google if you need your default search engine to be Google. The change will take effect at once.
Open Microsoft Edge. It’s the blue “e” icon to your Windows 10 Start menu, or for your cellphone or pill’s home screen.
- Use this technique in case you want to go looking the web the use of a seek engine apart from Bing in the Microsoft Edge seek bar.
Type www.google.com into the search bar and press ↵ Enter. This masses the Google search web page.
- If you want to use a specific seek engine, visit that engine’s web site as an alternative.
Click the three-dot menu. It’s at the pinnacle-proper nook on a laptop, and the bottom-right on a cellphone or pill.
Click Settings. It’s the option with a gear icon.
Click Advanced. It’s on the left side of the menu on a laptop, and in the direction of the bottom on a phone or pill.
Click Change search provider (laptop) or Search Engine (telephone/pill).
Click Google Search. It need to be proper beneath Bing.
- If you don’t see Google on a cellphone or pill, faucet Others and pick it from the listing.
Click the Set as Default button (laptop simplest). This modifications your default search engine to Google.
- If the page that opens robotically upon launching Edge is likewise Bing, you will need to reset your Start page. Click the 3-dot menu, pick out Settings, click General, after which pick an option from the “Set your house web page” menu.
Open the Control Panel. If you’re using an earlier model of Windows and feature the Bing toolbar on the top of your browser, you can use this method to uninstall it out of your laptop.[five]
- If you are the usage of Windows eight.1, swipe in from the proper to open the Charms menu, click Settings, and then click on Control Panel.
- Using Windows 7 and earlier, click on the Start menu and choose Control Panel.
Click Uninstall a software or Programs and Features. You’ll locate this kind of options within the Control Panel.A window that has all your installed programs will load.
Select Bing Desktop or Bing Bar inside the list. This highlights the option.
Click Uninstall or Remove. You’ll see one of these buttons near the pinnacle of the list. A affirmation will appear.
Click Yes. This gets rid of the Bing toolbar out of your computer.
Include your e mail deal with to get a message whilst this query is spoke back.
AdvertisementAbout This Article